• To undertake research and publish findings on the state of the fire industry and disseminate such information to the members and the public at large.
• To act as the official spokesperson of the members in matters pertaining to fire and fire related services.
• To create a level playing field in the fire industry.
• To assist, sensitize and or advise the government and the public at large on matters relating to fire.
• To open chapters and branches nationally, regionally and internationally.
• To promote fair completion in the industry.
• To do all that can reasonably and ethically be done to promote the interests of the members.
• To act as fire monitors and advisors.